Lady Bug Ornament

Wednesday, January 7, 2009


I have my front porch all decorated in Lady Bugs in the spring and summer, I bought these Lady Bugs years ago and had no clue what to do with them. Thinking I could do something with them for my porch I thought and thought and this is what I came up with.
I basically cut 14" of cotton crocheted lace, ran a gather stitch at the top of lace, when finished I pulled the thread (use a strong thread) until I formed a circle at this point you want to work with it until you get it the position you want. When it is set the way you want it pull threads tight and knot a couple of times.
I then hot glued the Lady Bug.
These are now lining my window sill and they are really a attention getter.

Not for Sale at this time

3 comments:

Amber said...

Very cute!! It reminds me that warm weather is comng!

My hubby loves lady bugs. Our back yard has tons of them in the summertime.

Joy said...

I like ladybugs too. Those are very cute!

Joy said...

Hello Donna,
I have awards to pass on at my blog and I have one for you! Please visit my blog and pick up a copy of your award. Thanks!

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket